Tuesday, October 21, 2008

3-month update





Owen turned three months old yesterday! I guess he's officially an infant and no longer a newborn. :( Most of the time, he's such a happy baby...when he's being held. He is starting to sit in his jungle jumperoo for longer periods of time now. He still loves the swing for naps, but not when he's awake. When he's awake, he wants to be upright and standing. He'll still hang out in the bouncy seat for a few minutes while I cook dinner and eat, but not much longer.

He's sleeping for long stretches in his crib at night. He usually wakes around 4 or 5 to eat. Most of the time, he'll go back to sleep in our bed while he's nursing. Occasionally, he can't get settled in, so I'll be him in the swing for the next couple of hours.

He can still wear his 3-6 month clothes, but it won't be long before he's firmly in 6-12. He's also in size 2 diapers, but I probably won't buy any more in that size. Once they're gone, we'll move him into size 3. He may be a bit smaller than Gabe was. Gabe moved up a size in diapers every month until he was 5 months old!

He's started "talking" more. It's so cute to listen to his little coos. This morning, I thought Gabe was in the living room talking, but it was Owen in swing just babbling away.

He smiles all the time, but it's rare to get a little laugh out of him. He LOVES to have his diaper and clothes changed, so that's usually when I can get a big smile and little giggle out of him.

We left him for the first time a couple of weeks ago. We went to a wedding and I pumped a couple of bottles for him. Grammy came over to watch the kids, and he did great! Guess that means I've bought myself a little freedom! He still won't take a pacifier, but he finds his hands to suck on occasionally.

We don't go to the doctor again for another month, but he was 14lb. 3oz. about 10 days ago. He's a little chunk! Everyone things he's about 6 months old.

As Gabe says nearly every day, "I love the baby!" Here are some pics I took yesterday.

No comments: