Monday, August 25, 2008

Five weeks old

I knew these first precious weeks would fly by, and they have. Much as I've tried to enjoy every minute of it, I still find myself asking, "How can he POSSIBLY be five weeks old already??"

Thankfully, he still feels very much like a newborn to me. I absolutely love this newborn period. He is, by far, my best sleeper so far. He still sleeps ALL the time, and I really don't remember Gabe and Reese sleeping this much. I've stuck with the swaddling this time, which may help his nighttime sleeping. He will sleep anywhere from 4-6 hours the first stretch before waking up to eat. Usually, it' s a quick snack and right back to sleep. Occasionally, it will take 30-60 minutes to get him back to sleep. Not too bad. He loves to nap in the swing during the day. I worry that I'm going to run into a problem when I try to switch him to the crib! Neither of my first two liked the swing this much.

I just put him in his first 3-6 month outfit today. I knew his 0-3 were getting tight, but I also knew that once I brought out the 3-6 month stuff, there was no turning back. :( I bought him several 6-12 month winter outfits today at the consignment sale. I hope he still fits into them by then!

He is absolutely adored by his brother and sister. They still constantly ask to hold him, and love to give him kisses. We are all pretty smitten!

No comments: