Sunday, September 14, 2008

8 weeks old

Almost two months. Amazing. Unbelievable. He still seems so much a newborn to me, compared to my other two at this age. He still sleeps quite a bit, unlike my other two did. He LOVES the swing, unlike my other two did. See a pattern here? :)

Owen is such a good baby. Despite the noisy toddlers, he sleeps much of the day in his swing, with occasional 1-2 hour awake periods. During those, he'll often sit in the bouncy seat for extended periods of time, just happy as a clam (Gabe and Reese NEVER did that!) He does like to be held (by mom) and nursed, but he is often content just hanging out.

He's SUCH a good night sleeper, compared to Gabe and Reese. He rarely wakes up before 3 a.m. and will sometimes go until 4 or 5 before waking up to nurse. SO much better than every two hours, like the other two. ;) We still have him sleeping in his bouncy seat in the living room just outside our door. He still seems so congested if he sleeps on his back, and the bouncy seat seems to be working for us. We swaddle him tight, which he seems to like.

I can still squeeze him into a few of my favorite 0-3 month outfits, but the 3-6 month outfits fit perfectly. He's in size 1 diapers during the day and size 2 at night. Trying to use up all the size 1's before they don't fit any longer!

I bought him a new carseat after both our travel systems sold (and the carseats along with them!) Wow, have carseats changed in the last 4 years! I LOVE the Chicco KeyFit 30. It will go up to 30 pounds (unless he outgrows it in height first) and is SO easy to install. The fabric also came in his "signature color" of orange. :) We also have his convertible carseat waiting for him when he outgrows this seat. I bought it when I was working to have an extra for Gabe and Reese, knowing we would need it for the new baby anyway.

He's been smiling for about 2 weeks now. If you can just make eye contact with him, he'll flash you a big one. So sweet!

I think I've about given up on the pacifier. As much as I actually wanted him to take one, he just won't (just like the other two!)

We have his two-month checkup coming up. I'm excited to see how much he weighs. He was 10 pounds at two weeks, so I'm just hoping he's not something crazy like 15 pounds now. We finally had his hearing tested, since we didn't have it done in the hospital. He passed with flying colors!

Healthy and happy, we couldn't ask for more!

No comments: