We had Owen's 4-month checkup this week. We found a new pediatrician, and I absolutely loved her! Finally! She is about to move offices, though, so I'm just praying it's not a million miles away and this will be the end to our pediatrician hunt.
Owen weighs 16lb 4oz!! He seems huge to me, but that's only like 50th percentile! His head circumference was in the 75th percentile and his length was 97+. No surprise there. Gabe and Reese have always been at the top of the chart in height.
He had been very fussy for nearly a week before his appointment, and I just knew (was hoping, actually!) that he had an ear infection. Both ears looked clear, though. The next day, he was on his way back to normal, so I think he just had the same little runny nose/cold that the kids had and didn't feel well.
She said the back of his head was still ever-so lopsided, but as long as his head keeps growing and he's on track developmentally, we don't need to do anything about it. She said it might help to keep encouraging him to look to the right, since he has a preference to look to the left.
I also asked about the place near his throat that indents very deeply when he breathes. She said it will probably fix itself and will only be a problem if he gets sick and it makes it difficult for him to breathe.
He goes back in January for his 6-month checkup and I'll probably try to get the other kiddos in some time before then since they missed their regular checkups during our hunt. I'm so glad the search is over!!
No comments:
Post a Comment