Tuesday, January 20, 2009

6 months

Stats: 6-12 month clothes. Size 3 diapers. We go to the doctor next week.

It's official. It's time to start thinking about the first birthday party. :( I've already started purchasing things to have a barnyard theme. I can't believe it's halfway here!

Owen has been, by far, my easiest baby. That said, he still likes to be held, and insists on it, much of the time. While he loves his jumperoo and exersaucer, I think he's getting bored with the same ol' toys. The backpack is a lifesaver, and some days, it's the only way I get things done around here.

He's sitting by himself pretty consistently now. He will sit for a decent length of time and play with toys in his room. If he flops, though, he can't get back up and starts screaming. Not so crazy about being on his stomach. Needless to say, we're nowhere near crawling.

He's not sleeping through the night yet, but I think we're getting close. If he wakes up "talking", I'll usually just let him talk himself back to sleep. When he cries, I'll bring him into bed and we go back to sleep. Some nights, he makes it all the way through. He still naps sporadically throughout the day. He hasn't worked out a two-nap schedule yet. Some days, he'll take one two- or three-hour nap and a shorter nap. Other days, It's a few one-hour naps. It just depends on how busy we are that day.

He's definitely the best baby I've had to ride in a car. The others would scream unless they were sleeping. Often, I'll ask the kids if he's asleep because he's so quiet, but he's just checking things out. Sometimes, he'll even ride in the carseat at the store. I always take the Bjorn with me, just he case he wants out.

He's had some cereal and bites of our food here and there. Now that he's 6 months, I'll probably start introducing more food and giving him cereal daily. He's pretty content with breastmilk, though!

Owen is a joy to our whole family. The kids adore him and love to hold him and carry him around (within my reach.) The last 6 months has just flown by, and I'm trying so hard to cherise these days before he's a toddler! It seems to just get faster and faster with each kiddo.

No comments: