Wow. Four and a half. HOW??? I just don't know...
It's been a while since I've given a detailed update on Gabe, so bear with me. :)
Stats: He weighs 44 pounds and is 44.25 inches tall. He wears a size 5T and 11.5 shoe.
Gabe is such a fun kid. He loves all kinds of sports, and is pretty good at them, too. Last year he played soccer and t-ball. He was the lead scorer on the soccer team. He didn't like t-ball as much. Baseball is his favorite sport, but he was used to hitting pitches in the front yard with Dad, so he doesn't like using a T. He'll probably play both again this year. He says he wants to play football, too. He also likes basketball, but the leagues don't start until age 5. Maybe next year. Eventually, we'll have to find just one or two that he likes the best or excels at. I'm not going to be one of "those" moms! :)
Four has been a "tough" year. I say "tough" because Gabe has always been a pretty easy kid. We never really had the "terrible twos" and "three is worse." Once Reese hit her terrible twos, though, he joined right in. ;) He's really exerting his independence, which is a good thing! I try to let him have it without squelching too much.
He loves spending time with us. Family movie night with popcorn and hot chocolate is becoming a favorite tradition. He gets very attached to things. He cried when we sold our Honda and didn't like it much when we got a new fridge. He's funny like that. ;) He's also starting asking to play with friends more and more. He always wants to have James or Jordan or Ethan over. I'm so glad we have several boys right around us that are his age.
He's daddy's little buddy. Loves to spend time with Dad and go on errands with him. That's hard for me, but I guess this is about the right age for him to start identifying with his maleness. :)
I'm soaking up all the hugs and kisses he gives me. I know that all too soon, they won't be as frequent. He still gives me a huge hug and kiss at the door when I drop him off at school. I can't help but wonder how much longer that will last.
He's been in Mother's Day Out one day a week this year. We've also been participating in a homeschooling co-op one day a week. He's just recently become very interested in doing workbooks at home, so we're running with it! He LOVES math. We're working our way through Kindergarten level addition and subtraction workbooks. We're also working on reading, though a bit slower. My goal is to have him reading by5, so we'll see. We try to work in other teaching opportunities throughout our day, but aren't doing much "formal" learning at home. We have songs for the days of the week, months of the year, skip counting, history sentences, etc. I have to be sneaky, so he doesn't know he's actually learning something. ;)
I get teary just thinking back over the last 4.5 years and how fast they have gone by. Gabriel is such a blessing to me and our family. I am so pleased with the young boy that he is becoming. I give all the credit to God. :) Gabriel has such a sweet spirit, and he was born with it. He is so loving to his brother and sister, and always willing to help Mom and Dad around the house. A typical first child, I suppose. Loves to please.
No comments:
Post a Comment